Thursday, January 8, 2009

Journalists: Take a Second Look

Yesterday I was watching NY Governor Paterson's State of the State speech. In my post, I vented a bit about the news report I hoped to get.
Here's what I got from the NY Times (on p 24)
ALBANY — Gov. David A. Paterson delivered his first State of the State address to the Legislature on Wednesday, an often sobering message that came as thousands of union members gathered in freezing rain outside the Capitol to protest his proposed budget cuts.

The governor’s speech contained little in the way of new policy initiatives.
Since I heard the speech, that didn't sound right. So...I followed the link to the transcript that I posted yesterday. Then I spent about 10 minutes cutting and pasting. No writing. Just highlighting an option c & option V.

It's a little long. But . . . I do live in New York and this is the Governor and we're heading into some tough times. Besides he said he wants to reform the Rockefeller Drug Laws and get some money to the MTA. Plus a couple of other things about health and education. I'm thinking those are new initiatives. Here's what I cut and pasted:

No comments:

Post a Comment